Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
Sense of Making:
- Through a series of diagnostic and probing questions and research, develops and/or supports an intimate understanding of the customer needs, behaviors, and/or their buying journey.
- Synthesizes complex information (technical and commercial information) to get internal input in order to provide clear answer and tailored solutions to fulfill with customer expectations
- Be able to coordinate multidisciplinary teams in Cummins worldwide organization to get the proper deliverable (Departments interactions: Customer Service, Legal, Sales Operations Support)
- Team player able to propose and implement process improvement
- Identifies objectives to drive execution of business and/or account strategy by reviewing the status relative to where it needs to be and enabling tracking of progress against targets.
Adapts to target audience:
- Explains complex topics (significant technical data, subject matter expertise, etc.) in such a way that the target audience (e.g. sales professionals, customers, training vendors, etc.) can understand, retain, and use the information.
Developing Account Strategy
- Determines current status of account in terms of relationship, financial, product competitiveness, barriers, quality, and service and defining desired future state by balancing customer requirements and business capabilities in order to define achievable targets aligned with the business strategy.
- Incorporates an understanding of the customers’ perspective on our products and sales efforts to develop sales content that improves our ability to meet their needs and increase revenue.
- Collects and assesses customer data from internal and external sources; compares against historical data to determine useful inputs and create a forecast of future consumption patterns.
Sales Pipeline Management and Value Proposition
- Plans proactively for successful execution of account/territory-level sales strategies and plans based on current pipeline; evaluates pipeline health (size, contents, progress); adjusts sales strategy, plans, or high impact activities; accordingly, as applicable coaches sellers in order to achieve sales objectives.
- Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Interprets internal and external customer needs based on relevant application; explains and demonstrates products, solutions, and services to distinguish strengths and weaknesses to meet customer’s specific needs to differentiate against competition.
- Develops prices by aligning and building consensus with key stakeholders across functions to achieve business targets.
- Explains and contextualizes industry structure, dynamics, and path to market in order to advance organizational goals.
- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Utilizes tools and methods in negotiations to achieve Cummins stakeholder objectives and achieve a mutually agreed upon all contract terms between all parties.
- Using compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others.
- Excellent knowledge of English verbal and written, extra knowledge of French is a plus.
- College, university, or equivalent degree in business administration – Sales – Marketing or equal experience in technical sales or proposal.
- Aftermarket sales
- Experience with large accounts.
- Telephone and mail prospection for existing customers.
- Following up a sales process from A-Z with existing customers. Delivery experience (project management experience is a plus)
- Experience/strong interest in selling technical services/products. in renewable and zero carbon environment
- Experience with CRM tool
- Prospects and develops new opportunities in existing customers to grow the business by phone calls and e mail prospection, customers visits.
- Develops/Executes account plans with coaching support from Aftersales Manager.
- Achieves sales goals within the assigned sales territory, market segment or channel partners.
- Develops opportunities to increase sales by identifying, researching, and contacting existing customers. Develops and executes account plans for top prospects and conducts agreed upon face-to-face sales calls.
- Builds positive customer relationships that enable identification of a customer’s needs, business model and buying process.
- Uses understanding of customer needs and priorities to identify and offer Cummins solutions.
- Gains agreement on the differential advantage of Cummins solutions by helping the customer understand and evaluate existing data and information and the value proposition.
- Be able to make and submit to customers service contract agreement, parts proposal and proposal for equipment reconditioning Conducts contracts and proposals negotiations according to company guidelines, including terms and conditions, payment terms, banks warranties, letter of credits. Assists with collection of accounts receivables when needed.
- Drives sales, achieving sales targets and ensuring customer satisfaction. Maintains and strengthens customer relationships to generate future sales and repeat business. Responds to customer request for quotations in a timely fashion.
- Consistently uses the Cummins Sales Process as well as Cummins tools, processes, and initiatives that support sales, customer satisfaction, and customer value,
- Use a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool as example IFS sales module or Sales Force.
- Drive the daily sales activities around CRM tool dashboard tasks, milestones, sales targets, hit rates, sales forecast…
- Be main point of contact for customer
- Coordinate and drive to customer service team all customer technical issues and lead the process to get scope of works and spare parts definition in order to deliver the customer proposal
- 80% Commercial offer management and 20% technical.